Your Evaluation will be Thorough!
The women’s/men’s health physical therapists have been specifically trained to work with pelvic floor dysfunctions. They will make you feel comfortable talking about the diagnosis you were referred for.
They will take the time needed to listen to your concerns and come up with a comprehensive treatment approach to meet your goals.
Typically the initial evaluation lasts for 1-1.5 hours and your future appointments will be set up at that time. Usually the patients are only seen 1x/week, however will be adjusted as needed
During the initial evaluation the therapist will:
• Take a comprehensive medical history
• Educate you on the anatomy and physiology of the pelvic floor and organs• Perform a Postural Assessment
• Assess your Flexibility
• Assess your Deep Abdominal Strength
• Do a Biofeedback Assessment (see below)
• Perform an internal assessment of your pelvic floor muscles as needed. (Helps to assess for strength, scar tissue mobility and muscular tension.)